Beginning April 15, 2016 and supported by a collaboration for health research in northern BC seed grant, a new mental wellness program, HEADS Up, for men in northern and rural workplaces is being created. The HEADS Up module will be designed to appeal to northern men and to support the well-being of employees working in a variety of diverse settings. The NEW team that will be leading the development of this module includes Dr. Cherisse Seaton (NPI, UNBC), Kerensa Medhurst (Co-PI, BCCA), Damen Deleenheer (Co-PI, Northern Health), Dr. Joan Bottorff (Co-I, UBC), Dr. John Oliffe (Co-I, UBC), and Margaret Jones-Bricker (Co-I, CCS).
We are happy to announce that the POWERPLAY “Men’s Health at Work” program has won the following awards:
- Cancer Awareness Advertising Award 2015
- Healthy Workplace for Small Business Award, Prince George, 2015
- MarCom Platinum Awards in two categories in 2015: Promotion/Marketing Materials and Pro Bono
- Annual Service Industry Advertising Award for Total Public Relations Campaign, 2015
- Hermes Creative Awards in two categories in 2016: Public Relations Campaign and Pro Bono
- Communicator Awards in two categories in 2016: Print – Public Service/Pro Bono, and Print – Marketing/Promotion Campaign
Cheers to the men in Prince George who will be participating in the POWERPLAY challenges beginning on Monday, April 4th, 2016.