POWERPLAY is a complete program with tools, templates and resources that build upon and reinforce one another.
- Awareness-building activities to generate men’s interest and increase their motivation to participate in the program.
- Education resources presented through images, posters, presentations, and videos to give men the information they need to make informed healthy living choices.
- Skill-building activities that actively encourage behaviour change to support a healthy lifestyle.
- Group and social activities to foster peer motivation and support.
- Environmental and policy suggestions for workplace leaders committed to creating a healthy work environment.
POWERPLAY Module I:
Step Up Challenge Details
Men are challenged to STEP Up and compete as a team to accumulate the most steps while virtually travelling the Great Northern Circle Route (2775 km).
Men are divided into teams. Each team has 4 weeks to accumulate steps as they "travel" the Great Northern Circle Route. The team that travels the greatest distance at the end of the 4 weeks is the winner. Men will track their steps on a smart phone or with a pedometer.
Detailed instructions for the STEP Up challenge are available in the POWERPLAY program manual.
Fuel Up Challenge Details
Physical Activity & Healthy Eating
Men are challenged to compete as “hockey” teams to FUEL Up and score the most goals by completing activities listed on POWER cards. Each POWER card has squares which identify tasks to complete that are related to healthy eating & physical activity (ate a healthy snack instead of junk food), along with 3 “own choice” squares.
Completed cards equal goals for their team. This activity builds on the physical activity focus in the STEP Up challenge. Men are encouraged to continue to be physically active while making healthy food choices.
Detailed instructions for the FUEL Up challenge are available in the POWERPLAY program manual.
Heads Up Challenge Details
Men are challenged individually to keep their HEADS Up by engaging in random acts of kindness to assist their colleagues and to promote a positive workplace culture through teamwork and comradery. Employees acknowledge acts of kindness by moving paper pucks into a large hockey net tracking poster. The workplace coach can tally weekly totals on an electronic tracking scoreboard.
Detailed instructions for the HEADS Up challenge are available in the POWERPLAY program manual.
Power Up Challenge Details
Men are challenged to learn more about healthy living by completing the POWER Boost quizzes on the POWERPLAY website. One completed quiz equals one prize draw entry. The more times men do each quiz, the more draw entries they receive.
Detailed instructions for the POWER Up challenge are available in the POWERPLAY program manual.
Change Up Challenge Details
Workplaces are challenged to take constructive steps to create a healthy work environment. Building a culture of wellness, tailored to each unique environment, through environment and policy changes supports employees in living healthy lifestyles and has positive benefits for the whole organization.
Detailed instructions for the CHANGE Up challenge are available in the POWERPLAY program manual.
POWERPLAY is designed by men, for men and includes the following key features:
- A program manual that is clear, detailed and easy to follow
- Leadership coaches to communicate, direct, encourage, and monitor program activities
- Men-friendly and fun challenges focused on physical activity and healthy eating
- Creative health messages to promote healthy living
- Positive incentives to inspire trust and motivate participation
- On-line program resources to increase program portability
- Flexible program format to tailor program materials to the culture and priorities of the workplace
Healthier employees benefit the workplace with:
- Reduced stress, injuries and absenteeism;
- Improved employee morale;
- Increased cooperation and collaboration;
- More efficiency, productivity and profitability; and
- Improved employee recruitment and retention.
Want to bring POWERPLAY to your workplace or participate in the program?Connect with us